Sunday, May 22

8 weeks to a better me v.4

This week on Sometimes Sweet, the topic is "loving yourself." 
I have times where I am on top of the world - I am the world, in fact.
I love Myself.
There are also times when everything seems hopeless.
Lately, I have been making a very conscious effort to change these feelings of hopelessness which I have allowed to fester. I try to enjoy every moment of life and to let go of the emotions, past experiences and biases I have held on to.
I have made progress in leaps and bounds.
Right now, I will write my goals and leave it at that. I will be writing a lot more about this in the near future, when I have time to more effectively compose my contemplations and reflections. 

1. When I get dressed for the day, I will wear the first outfit I choose. If I need to change, it will be for logistical reasons (such as breastfeeding friendly tops or weather), as opposed to because I "feel fat."
2. When I have negative thoughts about myself, I will question my ego's predisposition. Are these feelings of worthlessness and ineptitude realistic or stemming from the fear of failure or rejection? I will remember to realize these feelings are only feelings, they do not define me. 
3. I will begin practicing daily meditations once again, this truly helps everything else fall into place.

I should note that these are goals not only for this week, but for the long term!
Ever forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment