Sunday, May 15

8 weeks to a better me v.3


This week on Sometimes Sweet, the topic is healthy eating! We eat very healthily. There are a few exceptions like Poptarts, certain sugary cereals and soda. I have recently stopped drinking diet soda, which I used to drink a few times a week. I will only have one if we go out to eat and I'm in the mood for it. Marius is the bigger fan of Poptarts, but I have them maybe twice a month at most. I've also stopped eating most cereals other than  Kix, Frosted Mini Wheats and Cascadian Farm organic cereals. We rarely eat candy, but occasionally we treat ourselves to small squares of dark chocolate or on the rare occasion, some Sour Patch Kids. Ice cream, cakes, pies and other desserts are rarely found in our home. I made 2 rhubarb pies, 2 cakes and bought maybe 10 pints of ice cream in the last two years! We reserve unhealthy things like fried foods to when we eat out and even then, it's not often.

Balanced meals and everything in moderation - these are the keys to healthy eating! Though, one thing I definitely do need to improve on is the amount of water I drink, especially because I'm breastfeeding and the temperatures here are climbing. I've always made an attempt to eat whole foods, make most meals from scratch and cook with love as my mother taught me growing up. So, there isn't much I can do in the way of making goals in this area. I already buy organic when I can and always have fresh veggies in the meals I make. Maybe some longer term goals are in order! 

1. Drink at least 1 liter of water every day.
2. More effort to buy fruit and veggies from the farmer's market. 
3. Remember to take my vitamins every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment