Saturday, July 9

small changes saturday v.6

I posted a while back about my experience with making my own shower cleaner, which is still working out great. I clean the shower when I'm taking a shower and I don't have to worry about chemicals! I also use a vinegar/water solution for cleaning in the kitchen - a healthy substitute for sanitizing sprays which I think smell pretty awful. I procrastinated on making my own window cleaner, however. Some of the recipes I looked at seemed complicated or like they would turn out to be a huge mess. Well, I got over my irrational fear, dumped a bottle of Windex (which I hated introducing into the water supply, but I didn't know what else to do with it) and started mixing.

I found a really simple recipe that calls for 2 cups of water, 3 tbsp of white vinegar and 1/2 tsp of plant based dish washing liquid. I swirled it around in the clean bottle and began my first experiment on the glass coffee table. It gets gross pretty quickly as our apartment is always really dusty for some reason and multiple rings show up from glasses of water and such. The homemade solution works so well. It is completely streak-free and smells like heaven compared to the gross blue stuff. I think vinegar also smells cleaner than any chemicals I ever used! I was so excited, I proceeded to clean just about every glass surface in the house. Domesticity at its finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment