|I was tagged by Deanna, over at Delirious Rhapsody!|
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 things about me:
1. I try to write with my left hand about once a year, always expecting my handwriting to magically be legible. But it continues to look like a preschooler scribbled some abc's and I get disappointed each time.
2. I severely bit my nails (until they bled) for about 17 years. One day, I just decided to stop.
3. I did my Christmas shopping a month early this year, for the first time! I used to be a master of procrastination, so I'm pretty proud that everything is done!
4. One of my pet peeves is wet bathmats. Seriously, dry yourself off in the shower. The bath mat should be a place for my freshly clean feet to enjoy soft comfort. I don't enjoy awkwardly cold fabric puddles.
5. I try my best not to eat much processed food or sugars, but I still crave chocolate in the late evening.
6. I have the worst memory of anyone I know. I've forgotten everything and anything you can imagine. I blame a 105.5 fever I had when I was 18 years old. The EMT's told me that if people had waited any longer to call 911, I could have died. I haven't been the same since, and it can be very embarrassing and frustrating.
7. I haven't watched any commercial television in about six months. I watch Netflix streaming movies and Youtube. I don't want Iris growing up with commercial television and it's also just extremely annoying!
8. I recently found out that I am pretty highly allergic to egg whites. I break out in hives when I eat them, which means I can no longer eat anything with eggs in it - including cake, batter fried foods and pancakes. Good for less sugar and fat in my diet, bad for the indulgent side of me.
9. I'm the type of person who can watch a movie or listen to a song over and over and over again until any sane person would snap. For example, since starting to think about and write this post, I've listened to The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole about 15 times.
10. This year, Marius and I have donated to multiple charities and have given goods to a food drive. I feel great knowing that we've made the effort to benefit others in our country and community.
11. I think that for the most part, taking care of a baby is really easy. Though sometimes I need a break, for sure. I worked for a few years as a nursing assistant, taking care of dozens of (usually mentally ill) elderly patients at once. Caring for a baby is a walk in the park compared to that.
Questions from Deanna:
1. What is the worst name that you know?
Alma. Just say it out loud.
2. Who do you think is the most over-rated musician or musical group?
Most of the pop and rap music I've ever heard? I'm not sure. I generally just stick to the music I know I love and ignore everything else. Maybe the Beatles. I like a lot of their songs... but there are plenty of other brilliantly creative and attractive artists out there. I just don't get the obsession.
3. What was your favorite book growing up?
I read a LOT as a child, so this is hard... but I think The Island of the Blue Dolphins was one of my all time favorites, which I read over and over again. I loved the idea of living off the land and being self sufficient and creative through my own efforts.
4. Aside from lettuce, what are your two favorite salad ingredients? Favorite dressing?
Cucumbers and a touch of parmigiana cheese for an added layer of flavor. As for dressing, I love just a bit of high quality olive oil. It lets the true flavors of the vegetables shine and is healthy for you, unlike most other dressings which I think are mostly gross.
5. What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?
Grave of the Fireflies. I'm pretty sure I bought it, then watched it once and gave it away to a friend because I didn't think I could watch it again it was SO depressing. Also, Atonement. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it in years even though it's such a good movie - no surprise considering I'm a military wife.
6. If you were to give yourself a creative title for your personal business card, what would it say?
"I'm really good at wiping butts." ...well, I am. But honestly, I have no idea!
7. What is the most irritating sound in the world to you?
The sound of Iris whining. Maybe because she never did as an infant? I don't know but it really drives me insane.
8. When you look back on pictures of yourself, what age are you most embarrassed about?
Probably when I was in eighth grade or was a freshman in high school. I wore some very tom boy, goth ensembles that just didn't complement my body at all. I do love that I had the confidence in my self to wear what I liked, but I didn't know how to wear them properly. I remember as a freshman, a girl in my class spent an hour trying to convince me to let her put make up on me!
9. If you found a $50 bill on the street and had to spend it immediately, what would you buy?
I would probably go to Target and spend it on some wine, books for Iris and a Disney movie.
10. What commercial product would you refuse to endorse?
Cleaning products. My house has never been so clean and nice smelling since I started cleaning with natural, home-made products (it seriously works better too). All the chemicals in the commercial cleaning products really freak me out and I don't want my family around them.
11. What is one thing that always makes you laugh hysterically?
This comic. So far, no one else seems to just "get it" the way I do!
1. What is your favorite Christmas song and why?
2. Who do you know in person that you look up to the most?
3. If you have kids, did you plan for them? If you don't, do you want kids?
4. What is the weirdest dream you've ever had?
5. If a movie was written about your life, who would you want as the director?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
7. What is your favorite store?
8. If you could tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be?
9. What are your long term goals - say, five years from now?
10. Is there any movie or song that makes you cry?
11. Why do you get out of bed in the morning?
I tag: Daine, Kelly, Meg, Susan, Meg, and anyone else reading this! I'd love to read your responses so let me know if you choose to join in!