Monday, January 23

links I love.

A seven year old said, "mom, I'm fat." This is how her mother responded. I was a blubbering mess by the end.

Anne Roiphe, a first-generation femininist and author, wrote this lovely piece about what makes her feel beautiful. 

I wrote a little bit yesterday about how I have cut most sugars out of my diet. Here's an informative article called, The Politics of Sugar: why your government lies to you about this disease-promoting ingredient. 

Finally, a recipe for muffins that doesn't call for heaps of sugar! I will have to find a substitute for the egg whites though...  I am so excited to try this recipe next week, once I can gather all the ingredients. 

No one wants to hear the word "no." Let's learn to respect our children's emotions when they get angry or frustrated. Here is a great example of how to do that. 

I really enjoyed reading this post on toddler discipline, by blogger Melissa Jordan. 

A touching read about a boy sticking up for his little brother. 

This dress is perfect in so many ways. 

The things every pregnant woman wants to hear.  

Here, have a kitteh!

No comments:

Post a Comment